Our transcription site is now open! Go to http://transcribe.realfaceofwhiteaustralia.net/ and start transcribing.
Check back here for updates or follow @invisibleaus on Twitter.
9 and 10 September, 9.00am-5.00pm
Museum of Australian Democracy, Old Parliament House
Important things to note:
- You’ll need to pay the MoAD admission fee ($2 adults, $1 children). This supports conservation work on Old Parliament House.
- No bookings necessary — just turn up!
- The transcription station will be set up in King’s Hall — look for the people hunched over laptops.
- Student volunteers will available to help you — identify them by their ‘Real Face of White Australia’ lanyards.
- If you want to help transcribe, please bring your own laptops (Mac, PC, Linux all fine). We’ll supply wifi and power.
- There’ll be a fascinating program of talks and events throughout the weekend. Check the times!
Transcription site updates
The transcription site is: http://transcribe.realfaceofwhiteaustralia.net/.
Some things to note:
- Open to everyone, everywhere. No login or registration required, just follow the instructions and start transcribing.
- The site is designed for laptop/desktop machines. While some of the tasks, such as transcription and verification, can be done on a mobile device, the lack of screen space makes it rather tricky.
- See here for an overview of the transcription process.